TIPS TO PREVENT RSI
These simple tips below are very easy to implement. RSI can actually cause longterm damage to your health. It can also impact on your productivity.
- Take regular breaks from repetitive tasks.
- Stretch regularly — stand up to stretch if you can.
- Hold a good posture and don’t slouch — ideally, your head and back should form a straight line from your ears to your pelvis.
- Reduce hot-desking as far as practicable.
- Use a laptop backpack, not a satchel.
- Make sure the height of your chair is correct and your desk Is set up so that you do not have to reach over repeatedly.
- When typing, try to keep your fingers pointing forwards — touch type if you can to avoid using the same fingers over and over again.
- If your job involves using the phone a lot, try not to hold it between your ear and your shoulder — alternatively, use a headset.