Fire Alarm Installation in Tower Blocks
Many towerblocks only have a fire alarm system which provides detection in communal areas, like staircases and corridors. Despite alarms being present in common areas, Compartmentalisation could be breached from dwelling to dwelling because of the presence of cladding similar to that found in the tragic Grenfell Towers'. Therefore to lower the prevailing hazard to an acceptable risk ratio either, full-time Marshalling would be required, or a dedicated monitored alarm system would need to be installed with detection in each dwelling providing protection to warn residents if any unit is on fire'.
To fulfil the requirement of a 'Stand Alone, Monitored Wireless Alarm System' Precision are specialist in wireless fire detection. We have been installing EMS systems for over 15 years. Our wireless systems can be installed to any type of premises. The systems are not affected by other types of transmission equipment.
A typical Towerblock would have the following installed.
- EMS Wireless Fire Cell Syncro 4 Loop 48 Zone Addressable fire Panel be installed in the main Lobby with Repeater Panels in other Lobbys. (Enables individuals and attending Fire Officers to confirm the exact location of a fire event)
- That Network cards suitable for the system are installed in each panel
- That EMS Wireless Fire Cell Cluster Communicators throughout the buildings to form the Wireless infrastructure
- That EMS Rate of Rise Heat detectors are installed in each of the forty-one dwelling units with associated bases
That EMS Sounder Strobes are installed alongside the detectors (99 dB's)
- Interface units are installed to link the current alarm (if one exists) in 'common areas' to the new alarm
- Interface Units are installed to facilitate isolation of any security measures that might prevent easy access by Fire Services or egress by evacuating people
- Interface Units are installed to isolate gas and any other items that might aid fire safety in an incident
- That a Communications Module (Pager System) is included to alert the authorities/building owners
- That detection is extended into Garage areas and plant rooms
- The design allowed for above will not 'cry wolf' by operating for things like toast burning in individual dwellings by using quick operating 'Rate of Rise' Heat Detection rather than smoke detection
The design will ensure Constant Vigilance, the system will enable the dwelling units to be under constant monitoring as EMS control panel check their systems every 30 seconds. Sounds to Wake a Sleeping Person. The requirement is 75 dB at the bed head. The design could be linked to 'Red Care' and/or pager devices.
EMS wireless systems can be easily extended and include detector/sounders that could be configured only to provide alarm in a single dwelling for a defined period. This would mean owners could extend the system should they so wish to cover their bedrooms and kitchens etc without huge cost.
We can design and install an entire system from scratch. We specialise in Towerblocks and Listed buildings where our wireless networks come into their own. All of our engineers are multi-skilled and cross-trained.
Our in-house multiskilled engineers become your competent person. They are dedicated professionals who explain every step of the design process.
In the UK the British Standards Institute provide the standard that your system must conform to, it is BS 5839 Part 1. All our engineers are trained to this standard. We provide comprehensive services with inhouse dedicated professionals.
We fully guarantee all of our work, our friendly staff provide fantastic after-sales service. Our prices are very competitive.
Our engineers will take the design and then establish the most effective method of installing your fire system, with the least amount of disruption. They complete a risk assessment before work commences. A safe system of work will be implemented.
Precision specialises in complex multi-building systems from Fire Detection to Fire Suppression. We also install air sampling systems; these are typically used in listed buildings where detectors would look unsightly.
A large majority of buildings require a fire alarm to guarantee the protection of life and property. They are the most dependable way of informing all employees and staff of a fire condition.
Precision has fully qualified Fire Alarm Engineers.
We offer free design visits to all our new customers. At the visit, the engineer will discuss your requirements in full. They will ensure that your system leaves you fully legally compliant.
After the install, they will give you and your staff comprehensive training on the fire alarm system. With zero per cent finance options, our tailored packages are second to none. Precisions fire alarm systems leave you legally compliant, giving you total peace of mind.
CLIENT TESTIMONIAL – STEVE BLOOMER – ACORN MEDIA MARKETING
"Paul and his team from Precision were brilliant. He worked with us to design our system in such a way that enabled us to save thousands of pounds. His team installed our fire system quickly and efficiently. They have been looking after all of our health and safety for a number of years. I would highly recommend their services".